Moving HomeIf your circumstances have changed and your home no longer meets your needs, you may be eligible for a transfer to another property.

If you wish to move to another property within East Northamptonshire, please contact Homes Direct on 0345 600 5050 for further information and an application form.

If you are looking to move to another property in Wellingborough, Kettering or Corby or the surrounding areas you will need to register with the respective local authorities.

Mutual Exchange

For help with mutual exchanges please read the attached policy and click the link below to use the national Home Swap Service.

mutual exchange

Home Swapper logo

If you find someone to exchange with:

  • Contact the tenant directly and arrange to view each other’s property.
  • Please make sure you look carefully at the property and you are satisfied with it.
  • Please remember that if you move, the association will not carry out any cleaning, decorating or other work that is the tenant’s responsibility.
  • If you like each other’s properties, you will need to apply for permission for the exchange. Downloaded the application form here, print out, complete and return

Ending Your Tenancy

You can end your tenancy by providing 4 weeks’ notice in writing. This notice should expire on a Monday.

Your home must be left in a clean, tidy and satisfactory condition. An officer will visit you before your tenancy ends and advise you if there are any repairs or gardening that you will need to undertake before you move.

Below is a checklist we advise you to read through before moving:
• Have I left my home and all its fixtures and fittings in a satisfactory condition?

In particular, have I:

  • Cleaned out the kitchen cupboards?
  • Cleaned the kitchen sink and worktops?
  • Cleaned the bathroom and toilet?
  • Swept through the house?
  • Cleared my belongings from my property including the garden and any outbuildings?
  • Done any repairs requested by RFH?
  • Tidied the Garden?

To enable us to re-let your home as quickly as possible it may be necessary, with your permission, for our officers or prospective tenants to look around your home before you leave.

You should be aware that we will pursue you for any money which is owed to RFH in rent, other debts, or for repairs that are carried out by us at the end of your tenancy that were your responsibility.

Failure to pay could affect your ability to get credit or be housed by another social landlord in the future.